Any and all content of this site or any site owned by me, (Jody Wakefield) that is shared via the Web, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest must be accompanied by a link to the original site from which it was shared.


Sunday, June 26, 2011

Two newly finished votive holders!


Here are my latest finished projects, both are OOAKS and clay sculpted. Pumpkin still has a clay tag in the works I need to finish otherwise he is done. He is on a wood base and holds a votive. He is sculpted over a hollowed out foam ball with paperclay, hand painted and stained. He really makes me grin every time I look at him!

 This one-of-a-kind Teddy votive holder is sitting on a base that is an antique jello mold that I added my cinnamon recipe "found here" to prim it up. I sculpted him on a glass canning jar with paper clay, painted with acrylics. He has a cinnamon star I made "recipe here" on his hat. He has a stocking hat and calico neck bow. 

 I am reserving both of these pieces for my July Pfatt offerings.

I am finding it hard while the weather is nice to find the time I need to get anything done in my craft room! BIG SIGH... if I only had 48 hours in a day. I find it ironic that I was given the talent and desire to be creative, but also given the weakness of having tendon and arm troubles. If I do too much, I suffer and my arm is hurting to the bone. I have to rest it if I like it or not! I guess this keeps me more rounded because if I could just go at it, I would probably be in the craft room all day and that would present it's own issues if you know what I mean!

I  am not sure really what my next project is going to be, we'll see what pops into my head. I wish I had a couple of clones, I'd get one on snowmen, and the other making dolls, and mind you this would be in between cleaning up in the house. Ahhh one can dream.. now back to reality. Night all

3 comments:

  1. The pumpkin made me giggle! I need 48 hours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pieces are wonderful! Great talent! Pumpkin made me smile too- love the sunflower on the hat :)

    Your newest follower,
    Laurie

    createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I enjoy each and every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...