Any and all content of this site or any site owned by me, (Jody Wakefield) that is shared via the Web, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest must be accompanied by a link to the original site from which it was shared.


Friday, March 23, 2012

Good Kitty... Bad Kitty?? AND my unique wind chimes

Happy Friday! I wanted to share with you all a small PEEK at my next pattern project. I will let you decide what you think of this kitty's beaming face, can you guess?.... is she smiling because she is naturally a sweet, happy go lucky kitty?? OR does that smile suggest something more?  perhaps this kitty is mischevious and a bit naughty..  Something may be up with this sweet, or not so sweet feline! You will see.... I should be done with her within a few days, and the pattern shortly after "hopefully".

I will tell you that this kitty will be one you hang on a wall. The rest is a secret for now. :-)

I also wanted to share my unique wind chimes, the pictures aren't the best but you'll get the idea. I love these on my front porch, they are different and I love that! There is an artist I buy these from when she is at the Spokane Fairgrounds bazaars, they have them twice a year if you can ever make it. They are made with antique tea pots, goblets and plates. The silver utensils are antique as well, they are pounded out flat and holes drilled in each piece as well as the tea pot etc... A special wire connects the utensils, not sure what is used here. Any lids are glued shut. I really love how these sound in the wind, they  really are  nice not to mention so adorable! Here they are
This is my favortie piece! It gets quite a patina on it from being outside, but I bring it in every once in awhile and polish it back up.

Old Goblet
This picture really is bad! This plate is neat and this picture does not do it justice.
Another charming plate, no I wasn't trying to add in the orange electrical cord. :-(  Besides that, you can see what a neat idea this is to repurpose antiques in such a way! I hope this gets your creative wheels spinning.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, how cute, but kitty looks like he ate a canary :o) I love your wind chimes.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kitty has been up to no good. I... can... tell...
    I love the wind chimes. Do your neighbours complain when it is windy.
    I think mine would....
    HUgs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Jody, Aw, your new Kitty is adorable! I love all of your chimes! That's a great way to make use of something old! Have a great weekend! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say naughty kitty!!!
    Those wind chimes are fantastic!
    Thanks so much for your kind comments too!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Kitty's face reminds me of my little black girl when she is looking up at the bird cage. I would like to think she is not having EVIL thoughts LOL, but she is definitely dreaming fondly about something! ;)

    Love the windchimes. I can just imagine the beautiful sounds that they make in a light breeze. My neighbor has a few that sounds so pretty. These are wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OM Gosh!!! Kitty is off to a great start. I can't wait to see the finished project! What!!! She ate the canary? Hmmmmm.......

    I love the windchimes. Each one is a unique piece of refurbished art. Awesome!!!

    hugs!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I think that is kitty up to no good. I have a friend who collects that type of windchimes, she has quite the collection. Hope you have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your various chimes. They are adorable. My husband makes some but are a little different.
    the goblet one is my favorite.
    I am your newest GFC.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Bev
    @ Eclectic Red Barn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am having trouble drilling holes in the silverware handles. Any suggestions or words of wisdom?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I enjoy each and every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...