Any and all content of this site or any site owned by me, (Jody Wakefield) that is shared via the Web, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest must be accompanied by a link to the original site from which it was shared.


Sunday, September 4, 2011

antique store finds

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!
This stash of shoes and beehive spool , are my latest antique store finds, I know it doesn't look very exciting, BUT I do have plans for it all. The spool will be part of an adorable scarecrow pattern I have. What I have in mind for the vintage skates, is possibly painting the finish, and making a snowman that will come out of the top, and of course there will be glass glitter and mica flakes! I can see it in my mind already. :-) The mary janes will end up on one of my dolls, and the vintage shoes will end up being incorporated with a doll or snowman sitting in the shoe. I am sure the lady at the store thought I was nuts when I brought all these shoes to the counter.
Another beautiful day done and gone here in Colville, from my window I see freshly cut and baled Alfalfa and beyond that the wheat field cut and harvested. The air smells so sweet of hay, it is simply wonderful! This day was also topped off with BBQ on the deck! I also had a bit of time to work on more ornaments today too. I made the mistake of sculpting an Elf on one of my lollipops, I say mistake because he was way too time consuming, has too much detail and it was a struggle, but in the end he is a cutie, I don't believe there will be many repeats of this Elf!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a find, all these wonderful goodies! Can't wait to see what you are making with those! Hurry up, will you! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, i am jealous of those shoes, can't wait to see what you'll make with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I enjoy each and every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...