Any and all content of this site or any site owned by me, (Jody Wakefield) that is shared via the Web, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest must be accompanied by a link to the original site from which it was shared.


Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Beef Barley Soup! NOT Hot Dogs....

When dinner time comes and your thinking to yourself..... what will I make? Maybe  we'll just have hot dogs tonight, I say get up, chop a veggy or two and make some soup instead! Soup is easy, and oh so good for you.

 I have a Beef Barley soup recipe I made tonight that I want to share with you all, it is hearty, and very tasty. We'll leave this little hot dog alone, he's too cute to eat anyway!

This was delicious...



Beef Barley Soup

1 1/2 to 2 lbs lean ground beef
8-10 cups Beef Stock I use Kitchen Basics, or water
you can start with 8 and adjust to how thick or thin you want it.
2 Cups corn
1 - 1 1/2 Cups chopped Celery
1 Green Pepper Chopped
1 large onion chopped
3 medium potatos chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 1/4 cups Barley
2 Cups Carrots
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 28 oz can crushed tomatos
1/4 cups Ketchup
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp pepper
salt or seasoning salt of choice to taste
2 tsp basil or more!
1 TBS. sugar, or to taste

In a skillet, brown the meat, drain off fat. In the soup pot add all chopped veggies, saute for a few minutes in a tbs. or so of oil until they soften a bit. Add ground beef and all other ingredients, bring to a boil then heat on med/low for 1 hr. stirring every now and then . Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jody, Your Beef Barley Soup looks yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I'll have to give it a try! Love to make soups in the winter! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soup surely looks yummy. Although it is too hot for soup at the moment. I will have to keep the recipe until next winter.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY! That is just the cutest! My hubby had to peek at my computer this morning to see your sweet puppy! He had these dogs when he was growing up and loves them! I hope he wasn't embarrassed! heehee! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe, Jody, it looks fantastic!

    I'm still chuckling at your hot dog photo! LOL

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your picture made me hungry, and I had all the ingredients, so I gave it a try ~ and it was a hit with the entire family. It's so nice having a meal that everyone raves about...not an easy task, lol. Thanks so much for posting the recipe Jody. =)

    Blessings,
    Caroline

    P.S. I just love your site! I found you while browsing PFATT Marketplace. You are so very talented!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I enjoy each and every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...