Any and all content of this site or any site owned by me, (Jody Wakefield) that is shared via the Web, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest must be accompanied by a link to the original site from which it was shared.


Thursday, July 19, 2012

Look What I got!

I just have to share with all of you a very lovely surprise my mail lady brought to me today! I opened a box to find the most adorable Gingerbread Man ever!! I LOVE Gingers and this one is no exception. Carol Stuck of Buttermilk Creek Farms made him to perfection with her special finishing technique that makes him look and feel like a real baked cookie! He has a ginger cookie recipe pinned to him as well, now how clever is that? Thank you Carol for this nice surprise, it made my day!


Isn't he cute? He is a nice big size too! Needless to say he is not going to be put away until the Holidays, but will reside in my kitchen now! I can enjoy him in the hot of summer just as well as winter. If your all lucky she will make some of these cuties and offer them for sale on her Etsy or blog. I'll cross my fingers for you all! LOL

I also started my next pattern today, it will be a scarecrow that can sit in any container. I will have him sitting in an antique flour sifter. He has rigid arms, home spun shirt and jean over-alls. I will probably add a crow or sunflower to the mix, we'll see. Working in my room while the temps outside are scorching is a bit distracting. My room does not get the full air conditioning like the house so my fan is what I rely on. Today it was not doing enough for my liking!

I'll keep you posted when he is ready to go!
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Aw...how cute? That Carol is always cooking up something "yummy"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Ginger is lovely.
    I hope you don't melt with the heat.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how adorable!!! Carol is such a sweetie for sending you a Ginger! And he does look good enough to eat!
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jody,
    Love your sweet Ginger from fabulous talented Carol!
    Can't wait to see your scarecrow man!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! The recipe is the perfect touch! Enjoy your weekend! We're all starting to think of Fall...and winter! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I enjoy each and every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...