Any and all content of this site or any site owned by me, (Jody Wakefield) that is shared via the Web, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest must be accompanied by a link to the original site from which it was shared.


Friday, February 22, 2013

Henrietta Hen tutorial Part 4

Hello! well here we are on part 4 of this tutorial. I bet you wonder if this is ever going to end? The answer is yes but it is much longer than I thought it would be. There will be one more post after this.
 
 
Here you see that I have added a float of white in each eye walking it up futher into the eye. I also added some white highlight dots and a reflection line. 

 
 
She now has eyebrows, eyelashes and a float of burn umber around the upper eye area to make them pop. I added a float of white under each eye. I swirled on some cheek color with a dry brush like you see in the picture. She is relieved to have a face now!
 
 
I added a line of burnt umber with a liner brush between the feathers. I finished that off with a float of burnt umber as well.
 
 
I added some shading around the upper thigh where the leg meets the body. It isn't showing up too well I see in this picture.
 
 
I added a coating of antiquing gel to the feet and wiped it back lightly with a piece of t-shirt material.
 
 
Here is a picture of the antiquing gel I use, the sealer I spray the finished chicken with and the mod podge I use as a final cover to the wire chicken feet.
 
I decided at this point that I wanted to have a speckled chicken. This can be done with a spatter tool like you see in the picture or a toothbrush. The paint needs to be thinned down a bit with water first. With my tool I coat the brush in paint and there is a metal piece you don't see in the picture that when I twist the wood handle it goes against the bristles. Just use a knife of paint spatula like you see in the picture and a toothbrush if you do not own a tool like this one.
 
 
It appears that I have thrown this chicken in the garbage can...... well yes I have actually! I stuck her in there so when I speckle her all up the floor and me does not get speckled with her.
 
Can you see all her speckles? I did this with Burnt Umber. What would I do without that color? I am not sure....
 
Here is the sideview, you can see all her speckles a bit better in this picture. I know all these details are a lot of fussing, but it is this kind of attention to detail that really does make a difference in your finished artwork!
 
This is the end of Part 4. Part 5 will focus on finishing her up and making her bucket of eggs! I also took more photos while I made another pair of wire feet. This time I show the steps of bending the wire into the foot shape. I will add this onto the last tutorial.
 
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Great tutorial, Jody! I just love Henrietta! How nice to be able to refer back to your tutorials while working with the pattern for her.

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I enjoy each and every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...