Any and all content of this site or any site owned by me, (Jody Wakefield) that is shared via the Web, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest must be accompanied by a link to the original site from which it was shared.


Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sammy Scarecrow

Sammy scarecrow is done!! he will be for sale Oct. 10th on the Pfatt Marketplace!
 I love him, think I'll cry if and when I put him in a box to ship out. He looks mighty cute in my house!

His face was handpainted, the fabric was stained with a coffee and vanilla solution, his hair is raffia.

His felt hat and scarecrow were rubbed down with cinnamon for a worn, prim look I love! Really, shouldn't all your projects also smell like you could eat them??

His base is an old antique bobbin, love the color of it, almost hated to cover most of it up! His cinnamon heart was made by me, the recipe is here under the recipe link! I also made him a vintage looking hang tag! He was made from a Samantha Schmidt pattern and handcrafted by me.

I wish I had several of these done, should have started way sooner than this on fall, that is how it goes,  I end up getting a few quality pieces done over quantity anymore. I wonder how I used to go like a mad woman getting so so much done for bazaars, I could not keep up that pace anymore. I do think we need to be happy with what is and quit worrying about what would have been or could have been, I am getting there...

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jody,

    thank you for your postings on my blog. Glad you like my tags and the goodies I baked. I love baking and cooking. I should have been a pastry chef!
    Now to your scarecrow, my goodness is he handsome and beautiful, you did an outstanding job on him. I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody,

    He's the cutest scarecrow ever! Just love his facial expression!!! You did an awesome job!

    Ilene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I enjoy each and every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...