Any and all content of this site or any site owned by me, (Jody Wakefield) that is shared via the Web, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest must be accompanied by a link to the original site from which it was shared.


Friday, September 14, 2012

Pattern is ready! Cake postcard tutorial.

I just wanted to pop in here and let you know that my Prim Winter Friends pattern is done and available for purchase on patternmart, my website or Etsy. It won't be long now and I'll have my canned pumpkin pattern done. Ya know... these patterns just take a lot of time to write up and create. I had visions of pumping out all kinds of patterns in a hurry, but soon realized that wasn't going to happen! I guess I am human after all. :-)
 
I am also going to attempt to try and have some of the items used in my patterns for sale on my website. I will be putting the little rusty snowflakes you see on the snowman on my web soon as well as the twisty pod snowman noses. I am still looking for a good source for them.
 
I just have to share this neat tutorial with you all. My friend LeeAnn Kress let me know about it and I absolutely love the idea, isn't it cute! Basically it shows how to make a very realistic piece of cake from a sponge, spray paint and caulking. You can take and make a postcard with it or I could see making some to set out in the kitchen! Go the tutorial HERE
 
Is that not the cutest thing! I hope you enjoy this tutorial as much as I did. I am always up for learning new things especially when they are as unique as this is.
 
Blessings......

5 comments:

  1. OOoooh my goodness Jody, I love this idea for sending a piece of cake, soooo cute! I know I will be trying this one out for sure!! Thank you for sharing, I love it!
    I can only imagine how much work goes into making and designing patterns....sometimes we take things for granted and think they are easier than what they turn out to be....same way as selling our crafts......sometimes a few people may bulk at our prices, yet they have no idea or clue what work goes into making the piece so special...and then they wonder why the price is what it is.....sighing......Oooooh, if they only knew.
    Love the idea that you will be adding some supplies to your website. Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. merci pour ce tuto , c est une excellent idée

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jody:

    What a cute idea using the faux cake!!! Love it and I am going to check out the tut.

    WOO HOO on your new pattern!!! It is awesome. I know how much time and effort goes into them. Your patterns are just as awesome as your creations!

    hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jody...That looks so realistic that I'm now hungry for chocolate cake! These are really clever!

    I know what you mean about creating patterns; I'm so behind on writing mine up!

    Ilene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jody, thank you for the wonderful newsletter. I could not believe that this piece of cake is not to eat, my gosh it looks so real, what a wonderful idea. Thanks for all the Tutorials. I just love your new pattern, so darling. Have to get mine soon. Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I enjoy each and every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...