Any and all content of this site or any site owned by me, (Jody Wakefield) that is shared via the Web, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest must be accompanied by a link to the original site from which it was shared.


Sunday, February 26, 2012

Taco Casserole

Happy Sunday all! I wanted to share a easy, yet very yummy recipe that my family has loved for years. My kids requested this a lot and still do when they visit.


Who wouldn't want to eat that? It is a lovely feast to the eyes.  Here is the recipe and a tutorial on making it.

Easy Taco Casserole
1 lb. ground beef
3/4 Cups Chopped Onion
1 pepper (green, red or yellow)
1 (14 oz.) pkg. taco seasoning
3/4 Cups water
1 16 oz. can refried beans
1 (8 oz. ) jar taco sauce
2 1/2 Cups crushed tortilla chips (crush in zip loc bag)
1 3/4 Cups shredded cheese (sharp)
chopped jalepeno (optional)
lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and avocado

Heat oven to 400. In medium skillet over medium hight heat, combine beef, onion, pepper; cook until beef is browned. Drain off fat. Stir in taco seasoning and water; simmer 10 minutes.

in another bowl combine refried beans and taco sauce. I also chopped a few jalepeno pieces and added to this. In an ungreased 8 inch square  pan, layer half of the bean mixture, half of the beef mixutre, 2 cups crushed tortilla chips and 1 cup of cheese. Top with remaining bean mixture and beef mixture.

Bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; top with remaining tortilla chips and cheese. Return to oven; bak an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve on a bed of romaine and topped with tomatoes, sour cream and avocado. YUMMY!

Here is what you'll need to make this! All that's missing is the beef and I forgot to add the pepper!
Here I have my beef, onion and pepper ready to cook and brown.

In the mean time I have my beans, taco sauce and a few jalepeno slices mixed together.
I have my beef cooked, water and taco seasoning cooking and simmering for 10 minutes.

In my glass dish I have half my bean mixture spread out in my pan.

And half of my beef mixture.

Cheese and crushed tortilla chips!
Now the rest of the bean and beef mixtures go on top of that. It goes in your pre heated oven for 25 minutes. layer more cheese and chips on that and heat the cheese until melted.
And here it is out of the oven and ready to eat. Delicious!!

Enjoy this very easy yet super tasty dinner.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jody: OK...I know I am starving right about now but your taco casserole looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I am going to make this one sometime this week. It's wonderful.....I get tired of the same hum-drum things al the time. This will add a little "spice" to our lives. ha!

    hugs!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jody, This looks delicious and look forward to trying for dinner one of these nights. Thanks for sharing! Hope you had a great weekend.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks so good! I LOVE dishes like your casserole but my hubby won't touch anything that isn't plain old meat and potatoes. Bummer! I may have to cook it up when the kids are home--yummy!-Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Jody, Yummo! Your casserole looks and sounds so good!! For sure I am going to have to add this to my recipe collection! Thank you so much for sharing! Wishing you a great week ahead. Hugs Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh cela me donne envie
    je vais l essayer
    merci pour la recette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I enjoy each and every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...