Any and all content of this site or any site owned by me, (Jody Wakefield) that is shared via the Web, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest must be accompanied by a link to the original site from which it was shared.


Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WI-Fi Radio Frequency Card

I want to alert you all in case you are not aware of this, I sure wasn't until I received an email with this You-Tube video. Many new credit, debit cards and yes even pass ports are being made with a chip inside the card. I looked and low and behold I own two of these cards! Watch the video so you can tell if you have one. It looks as if you can request a card without it, but you have to know about it first.
http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw%26sns=em

If you do have an RFID chip in your card, all a hacker has to do is scan your purse as he walks by and he has all the info he needs! This is very concerning for sure. There is something you can do and I have already done it. There are now sleeves you can purchase that block this frequency so the bad guys cannot scan it. The information for this is also on the video. I am sure many of you already are privy to this, but I had no clue at all!

Be Safe!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you sweet Jody for the info. I had heard something about it awhile ago and really didn't pay to much attention to it......but now that I went to the site and watched it, Oh my gosh...pretty scary stuff! So glad you posted as I would have never given it another thought and found out that I have two of those cards (Yikes)!!! Thank you soooo much for the alert...I sure hope every one checks it out!
    Have a wonderful evening!
    Hugs Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I didn't know anything about this! I'm wondering if we even have them on some cards here in Canada since I've never heard about them? I just checked all my cards and none have it. It's so scary, isn't it, when you realize how compromised one can be without even knowing it!! Thank you so much for the head's up about this! xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I enjoy each and every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...